IPEM ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING AND IBEX 2007 EXHIBITION
CONTRIBUTORS: PAUL O'CONNELL Cardiff, DAVID HYDE Bath, ANNA BURCH Cardiff, MATTHEW TALBOYS Cardiff, JOHN TRUSCOTT Leeds, JUSTIN MCCARTHY Cardiff, NIGEL SHAPCOTT Swansea, WIL EVANS Cardiff, JOHN WIKE Cardiff, NICOLA KENT Newcastle Upon Tyne, SHARON MADDISON Portsmouth, GERAINT LEWIS Cardiff
THE ANNUAL IPEM Scientific Meeting was held in Cardiff this year from the 10th-12th September. The meeting was held in university buildings adjacent to the picturesque Civic Centre (see figures 1 and 2). Close to 250 delegates enjoyed presentations and meetings in the Biosciences lecture theatres whilst posters, exhibitors and refreshments were located in the Great Hall of the Students Union. The theme for the meeting was 'Innovation in Healthcare'.
On the Sunday night a welcome meal was held for early arrivals at the Talybont Halls of Residence Social Centre. Musical entertainment was provided by local musicians Paul O'Connell and Dan Zambonini performing a mixture of cover versions and original material throughout the evening.
Table of contents:
- A WARM, WELSH WELCOME; WOOLMER LECTURE; INNOVATION IN HEALTHCARE
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT; DEVELOPMENTS IN IMAGING; DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY
- THE APEN SESSION; SIMULATION AND MODELLING IN MEDICINE
- ENGINEERING IN HEALTHCARE; PHYSIOLOGICAL MEASUREMENT; RADIOTHERAPY
- REHABILITATION ENGINEERING; 'HOW TO' TEACHING SESSION
- SOCIAL EVENTS AND PRIZE GIVING
- PLENARY; 2020 VISION
- INNOVATING VIA THE DEPARTMENTAL WEBSITE
- SHARING TRAINING EXPERIENCES